Manager Of Design and Coordination
Corporate Office Greensboro, NC 27401
Engineering and Design
Provide drafting, design, and engineering technical support with minimal supervision for the coordination, fabrication, and installation of company products, including mechanical systems, custom-built air handling units, and controls. Must be able to communicate directly with both EAS manufacturing plants, Envirotrol, and the field organization, at all job locations, to facilitate a smooth flow of technical information. This position is an advanced engineering design level salaried position that can be located at various EAS facilities, including jobsites where EAS is contracted for work. Day to day focus and work assignments, in addition to overall engineering technology, training, and long range planning pertaining to this position, will be directed by the EAS Manager of Drafting and Design.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain drawings for coordination, fabrication, and installation using proper drafting standards
- Verify that all EAS documents are produced in accordance with the job specifications, contract documents, and submittal information
- Carry out design drafting activities authorized by the EAS Manager of Design and Coordination
- Check drawings for accuracy and help verify the accuracy of others
- Complete assigned work in order to meet project schedules; work hours shall not be limited to 40 hours per week when required by a project to meet milestone dates and scheduled deadlines; any time worked beyond 40 hours during a work-week shall be paid at the overtime rate of 1.5 x regular pay rate.
- Assist other team members in completing their assigned tasks
- Direct meetings for projects in which EAS is in charge of the project’s coordination effort
- Verify that all documents are duplicated and distributed as required to all involved parties, including project managers, shop foreman, field personnel, engineers and architects, and other contractors involved with the project
- Travel to project sites may be required on occasion; employee must be able to “Physically” walk, climb ladders or stairs as needed to observe the project under construction.
- Assist project managers in documentation activities, including submittal books and operation and maintenance manuals, when time allows
- Support other projects as assigned by management
This Position requires a two year associate degree in mechanical design or related experience determined by the Manager of Drafting and Design. This position also requires a minimum of three years applied experience.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SPECIAL SKILLS
- Designing Skills / Communication
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of REVIT MEP is preferred/REVIT Architectural or REVIT Structure will be considered
- AutoCad or Autocad MEP 2008 (or later) proficient
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficient
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of applicable product design
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Good designer skills
- Interpersonal skills for coordinating projects involving multiple people and functions