Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
On Site Manufacturing – Full Mechanical Scope
This manufacturing facility is used to manufacture protein and is one of the largest cell-culture facilities in the world. The new 250,000, $170-million multi-product manufacturing facility includes cell culture processing, purification, process support, utilities, including CIP.
1. EAS provided turnkey mechanical contracting services for this complex biotech manufacturing facility
2. Like all biotech manufacturing and pharmaceutical manufacturing environments, the space is FDA Validated space and is critical to maintain tight, consistent temperature, humidity and pressurization control
3. All such operations are 24 / 7 operational and continuous operation has to be maintained
4. EAS managed this contract that included the installation of (22) EAS manufactured custom AHUs, along with the fabrication and installation of the HVAC ductwork, piping and plumbing systems
5. This project developed worldwide attention due to the successful installation schedule, QA/QC standards, safety record along with the installation of the country’s largest Bio-reactors
6. The project was designed and engineered by Fluor in Greenville, South Carolina
7. EAS successfully completed all necessary tasks and validation requirements in this project logging over 1.85 million man-hours safely without a recordable lost time accident
Chiller plant with (1) 400-Ton chiller and (1) 500-Ton chiller
EAS fabricated over 200,000 # of stainless and galvanized ductwork that was cleaned and wrapped prior to delivery to meet FDA validation requirements
All ductwork systems were pressure tested for 1% leakage at 125% of design pressure.
EAS installed Over 550 HEPA filters, over 10,000 linear feet of FRP piping for process waste/vent and Bio-waste systems
Piping systems included Chilled Water, Glycol, Tower Water, Steam / Condensate, Heating Hot Water, Instrument Air, Plant Air, Nitrogen, Oxygen, CO2, Softened Water, Plant Water, Potable Water, ACHP, HPO, and NAOH