ASHRAE installed its 2018-2019 president, executive committee officersanddirectors during its Annual Conference in Houston, which was held June 23-27. Charles Gulledge III, a Senior Mechanical Engineer for Environment Air Systems, LLC located in High Point, North Carolina was elected Treasurer.
ASHRAEs 2018-2019 president is Sheila J. Hayter, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE. During her inaugural presidential address, Hayter announced her terms theme will be Building Our New Energy Future. The theme focuses on the important role buildings will play in our energy future as the traditional electrical grid continues to evolve toward a smart grid with advances in renewable energy.
Elected officers who will serve one-year terms are as follows:
- President-Elect:Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., Fellow Life Member ASHRAE, assistant vice president, facilities management and planning, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Treasurer:Charles E. Gulledge III, P.E., Member ASHRAE, HBPD, senior mechanical engineer, Environmental Air Systems LLC, High Point, N.C.
- Vice President:Julia A. Keen, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, BEAP, HBDP, professor, Architectural Engineering & Construction Science Department, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
- Vice President:Malcolm Dennis Knight, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, BEMP, owner, Whole Building Systems, LLC, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
- Vice President:Michael C. A. Schwedler, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE,applications engineering manager, Trane, La Crosse, Wis.
- Vice President:Farooq Mehboob, P.E., Fellow Life Member ASHRAE, principal consultant, S. Mehboob & Company Consulting Engineers, Karachi, Pakistan
We are extremely proud of the service Chuck provides to this important HVAC Industry Society of Engineers and that our company is able to help play a role in his contribution, stated Brian Evans President & CEO Environmental Air Systems.